Welcome! I am a fourth-year Ph.D. Candidate at the Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur advised by Prof. Pawan Goyal and Prof. Sourangshu Bhattacharya. As part of the Complex Networks Research Group (CNeRG), I work on problems that lie at the intersection of Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and Computational Social Science. In 2018, I interned at IBM Research, India with Dipyaman Banerjee and Kuntal Dey.
I obtained my Masters from IIIT Delhi under the supervision of Prof. Sambuddho Chakravarty. I did my Undergrad at Jadavpur University, where I worked with Prof. Samiran Chattopadhyay. Additionally, I have four years of professional experience with PwC India specializing in Data Modeling and Business Intelligence.
Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis, Emotion Analysis, Text Summarization, AI for Tourism
- Reviewing for NeurIPS 2021
- [Jul 2021] Going to present our work at SIGIR 2021! [Poster] [Slides] [Pre-recorded Video] [Blog]
- [Jun 2021] Attended Harnessing Big Data for Precision Medicine and Healthcare, Leibniz AI Lab
- [Jun 2021] Attended Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Law (SAIL 2021)
- [Apr 2021] Paper on utilizing the better representational power of Dimensional Models for Categorical Analysis of Emotions from tweets accepted at SIGIR 2021!
- [Mar 2021] Presented our work at ECIR 2021! [Slides] [Pre-recorded Video]
- [Mar 2021] Reviewing for ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB 2020)
- [Feb 2021] Reviewing for SIGIR 2021
- [Jan 2021] CNeRG Reading Group Talk: DualTKB: A Dual Learning Bridge between Text and Knowledge Base (Dognin et. al., EMNLP 2020) [Slides]
- [Dec 2020] Ph.D. Registration Seminar [Slides]
- [Dec 2020] Invited to attend Amazon Research Days 2020!
- [Dec 2020] Reviewing for IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems (TCSS 2020)
- [Dec 2020] Attended Indian Symposium on Machine Learning (IndoML 2020)
- [Dec 2020] Paper on assessing the Production Readiness of State-of-the-art Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis models accepted at ECIR 2021!
- [Nov 2020] Reviewing for SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM 2021)
- [Jul 2020] Presented our work at SIGIR 2020! [Slides] [Video] My first conference presentation!
- [May 2020] Conference Practice Talk: Read what you need: Controllable Aspect-based Opinion Summarization of Tourist Reviews (SIGIR 2020) [Slides]
- [Apr 2020] Paper on Controllable Opinion Summarization accepted at SIGIR 2020!
- [Feb 2020] Reviewing for SIGIR 2020
- [Sep 2019] Invited to attend Amazon Research Days 2019!
- [May 2019] CNeRG Reading Group Talk: Linguistically-Informed Self-Attention for Semantic Role Labeling (Strubel et. al., EMNLP 2018) [Slides]
- [Dec 2018] Presented my IBM Summer Internship work on Bird Audio Detection using Deep Neural Networks at CNeRG Retreat 2018 [Slides]
- [Oct 2018] CNeRG Reading Group Talk: Encoding Sentences with Graph Convolutional Networks for Semantic Role Labeling (Diego Marcheggiani and Ivan Titov, EMNLP 2017) [Slides]
- [May 2018] Started Summer Internship at IBM Research India Labs